Creative Chemistry 101

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
Monica

Creative Chemistry 101

Post by Monica »

The supply list is up! (and to my utter embarrasment, I have everything on the list except the Vagabond..... but the Cuttlebug will suffice). Only two weeks to go!
:greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce: :greenbounce:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Re: Creative Chemistry 101

Post by mpizzazz »

If it counts that I only have one Distress Stain, I have everything but the water brushes (and the Vagabond) so I might break down and get a few water brushes.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I have everything except the Vagabond too! Of course, I don't have it all with me in Oregon, but I can always wait to do those techs when I'm back in AZ. ;)
nancine

Post by nancine »

No Bagabond or Distress Markers here... But I'll make whatever I have work!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I just signed up. His videos have always inspired me to try to be more creative. Should be fun.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Actually, after printing out the supply list I need to amend my previous comment. I do not have (nor will I pay that much for) Tim's 'special' water brushes... mine will suffice. I don't have the palette thingie, but I do have some 99 cent watercolor palettes from Michael's that will work just fine (same thing I used for my AI to create portable inks for painting when traveling). And I don't have the Specialty Stamping Paper from Ranger, but I have glossy paper, coated matte paper, and about every other surface known to man, so that will have to do. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm getting anxious for the classes to start!! I know that I won't be able to do a project every day, so I love that we'll have lifetime access to it all...
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Monica wrote:Actually, after printing out the supply list I need to amend my previous comment. I do not have (nor will I pay that much for) Tim's 'special' water brushes... mine will suffice. I don't have the palette thingie, but I do have some 99 cent watercolor palettes from Michael's that will work just fine (same thing I used for my AI to create portable inks for painting when traveling). And I don't have the Specialty Stamping Paper from Ranger, but I have glossy paper, coated matte paper, and about every other surface known to man, so that will have to do. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm getting anxious for the classes to start!! I know that I won't be able to do a project every day, so I love that we'll have lifetime access to it all...
Ditto! I'm getting excited even though I'll be hit and miss as to which one's I get to participate in live.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I just spent my life savings getting photos developed and buying some Basic Grey for the album but I might have to buy some of the specialty paper - assuming I can find it locally. Not paying for shipping...
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

How many thousands of photos did you get printed???????
Paula

Post by Paula »

I feel so deprived......... I don't have any markers :roll: :roll: :roll:
Monica

Post by Monica »

They are very cool, but I bet you could achieve similiar results using the reinkers and a paintbrush or something to apply the ink. I'm just tickled to have some markers I will actually use!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Monica wrote:How many thousands of photos did you get printed???????
Only a few hundred...mostly because I'm too impatient to sort through them - I "select all" and am done with it.
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

I'm going to make do with what I have. I'm thinking that the "specialty stamping paper" is something like the JudiKins matteKote I already have. pretty slick, but not glossy. And you can achieve good "watercolor" results with it and markers.

I did pick up a couple of the markers when I was at the LSS last weekend, we were driving right by so I told DH he needed to stop. When he got to the parking lot he said "oh, I remember this, you suckered me into stopping here before" :lol: At least the shopping center now has an Orchard Supply Hardware store for him to go look around in while I'm busy!

I tried my markers on a couple cards, on the matteKote and they blended nicely but haven't compared to other markers. I had wanted to try them and many of my older markers are drying up, so I may start replacing with the Distress.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Just got home from Archivers. ("Honey, since we're so close...would you mind stopping for a few minutes?")
I caved and bought 7 of the Distress Markers. One green, one yellow, one purple and 4 pinks - I think I would use these colors most. Tempting to buy them all but I have all the ink pads and can make them work just as well considering how rarely I use markers.
They didn't have the specialty paper or Adirondack color wash sprays. Annoying. I have some Ranger glossy paper - if I can't make it work, I don't need it after all.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Can't wait... only a day and a half!!