August 2012 Scrapbook Challenge

Debbie J

Re: August 2012 Scrapbook Challenge

Post by Debbie J »

Great layout Pam!! Love all those elements.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

fantastic story and layout Pam!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

:oops: Ya'll make me blush!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Lovely LO Pam.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Very nice layouts everyone! I do like nutella, but never buy it. I would eat it! I think I might have some of that stitched paper around somewhere. I remember just looking and touching though, didn't have the heart to cut into it.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Oh Pam, I love it!!!! And the story :clap: :clap:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I found a picture of him on Flash the other night, who was one of the next horses, and Grendel the Bad. Flash was half Shire half Appaloosa and was built like a tank but was lazy as heck. He'd been used to hunt foxes and was a follower, not a solo act. Grendel was a Standard Bred/Thoroughbred cross and was a foul tempered thing until you caught her. (You had to trick her to catch her.) She was the smoothest horse I ever rode and could jump darned near anything and oh my gosh could she do a beautiful half pass and extended trot and would change leads on the slightest cue. In some ways I miss those days, but when I think about walking colicy horses all night or having to hose and bandage leg injuries I change my mind fairly quickly. Most days it's enough just to visit Bonnie's geriatric crew or watch the neighbor's horses running - that satisfies the urge. Then I watch the Olympic dressage competition and want another one. As if I was ever that caliber of a rider or Jim never opted out of riding and opted into eating. I just need someone to slap me hard during those times and bring me back to reality. :lol:
Pam P.

ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

the month is half over.... anyone else going to play?

Come on, you know you want to :anyone:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm working on another one but may not get it finished in time. Depends on how the "time off" powers that be approve my request.
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

I hope to get to this.... maybe once I've finished with my AJ covers....
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I hope to put my other project aside and work on one later. I hope to have one by the end of the weekend.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam that is a wonderful story and I think the layout is terrific. I really know almost nothing about horses but I have heard of the King Ranch. I'm sure the kids at the camp loved that horse also.
pbp908 wrote:I found a picture of him on Flash the other night, who was one of the next horses, and Grendel the Bad. Flash was half Shire half Appaloosa and was built like a tank but was lazy as heck. He'd been used to hunt foxes and was a follower, not a solo act. Grendel was a Standard Bred/Thoroughbred cross and was a foul tempered thing until you caught her. (You had to trick her to catch her.) She was the smoothest horse I ever rode and could jump darned near anything and oh my gosh could she do a beautiful half pass and extended trot and would change leads on the slightest cue. In some ways I miss those days, but when I think about walking colicy horses all night or having to hose and bandage leg injuries I change my mind fairly quickly. Most days it's enough just to visit Bonnie's geriatric crew or watch the neighbor's horses running - that satisfies the urge. Then I watch the Olympic dressage competition and want another one. As if I was ever that caliber of a rider or Jim never opted out of riding and opted into eating. I just need someone to slap me hard during those times and bring me back to reality. :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I just moved my other stuff over and decided to work on something for this challenge. I hope it qualifies. 2 pages both have torn papers and one has a envelope that has been run through the Big Shot with an embossing folder, then inked over and it has extra photos and a bit of a story about the bridge. These were taken during the family reunion time this year. Joe & I went up early just to do some driving around and sight seeing. I mean it has been over 50 years since he "moved" away. We go up every year but usually just to his nieces for the reunion. The original bridge was built in the 1800's but was burned down by vandals in 1976. It was rebuilt using some of the old timbers and is still in use today.
Covered Bridge 001.JPG
Covered Bridge 001.JPG (129.94 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Covered Bridge 002.JPG
Covered Bridge 002.JPG (162.72 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:clap:
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
love what you did with the envelope to make it fit your page.
Great job