Last night's stamping project

jfugina

Last night's stamping project

Post by jfugina »

I decided a while back that I really don't need any more cards of any type of greeting except birthday - maybe on a rare occasion I'll need a "cope"/"hang in there" or a sympathy card, but I've already got a massive stash of those. I think I need to just stick with birthday.

So last night, I went through ALL of my UMs and found all of the birthday related stamps (and a few Celebrate), and stamped them on a piece of cardstock so that I'd have a quick visual reference of all of my birthday greetings. It took long enough that I didn't actually make any cards, but I do think this will make the card making go much faster.

I also started looking at the new (to me) greeting sheets of UMs that Club Scrap sells. I haven't looked in GHM for probably a year and a half, so I don't know how long they've been doing those. But those seem like a very smart idea. I think I might order a few for myself - though I need to figure out what the member price would be for those to see if it would be worth joining for a month and canceling again. I'm seeing 7.95 IIIRC - can anyone tell me if the member price is any different?
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pat-czap

Re: Last night's stamping project

Post by pat-czap »

$6.93 a sheet.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Ah, so not nearly enough of a membership discount to warrant paying for kits I don't want. Not to mention, there are probably plenty of other places where I can get entire collections of nothing but birthday greetings for a reasonable price.

Thanks Pat!
Julie Fugina
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I just went over to CS to find the stamps you are talking about. A friend of mine wants more greeting stamps and she just joined CS. I hate the way they have eliminated so many search options. You can't search on just UMs anymore. The search box returns a zillion hits when you put in "birthday" or "greetings". I gave up. Am I missing something?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

They're not producing any more wood-mounted stamps... so everything is UM these days..

Just go to the menu on the left... choose by Category.. then Stamps...
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

SU has some wonderful greeting card sets. Did you get one of Cheryl's catalogs when we were in Chapel Hill?

I just did a simple search on CS using the word "Greeting" and got a list of all of the UM greeting stamps and the greetings to go kits. It was fairly easy to go through and look at just the UMs; if I were a card maker there's a good selection.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yes Pam, I did get a catalog, and that was definitely one of the options I was considering. I might still have to pick up one or two of those greeting sheets. I liked several of them pretty well. I'll just have to keep my eye out for sales or shipping deals.
Julie Fugina
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I did a google search last night for "happy birthday stamps" and there were some Fiskars clear stamp sheets that came up in the results - sold by Amazon. They were around $15, and no shipping because we're Prime members. Into the cart they went. :cool5: Of course, I could be nice and put it on my holiday wish list, but ...

I got two sets, all birthday/celebrate, and I think they'll be completely perfect.
Julie Fugina