Re: Scrapbooking Challenge January 2013

Post by jfugina »

Love it! What a clever take on the doilies! :clap:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Fantastic!! Love using stencils for doilies!! Great job!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Great job!! Using one photo isnot your usual style is it?? Love the bling and the chipboard!!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Paula wrote:Great job!! Using one photo isnot your usual style is it?? Love the bling and the chipboard!!
Thanks for all the comments!

Paula, I really struggle with one photo layouts, but now and then I do one especially if....I only have one photo and want to scrap it! I've been scrapping so little lately, I'm not sure what my usual style is! :?
I think I am more playful/free with a one photo layout than with a regular layout.
What does everyone else think? Do you approach a one photo layout differently than a multi photo layout?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Sue, that is just gorgeous!

Marianne, I love how you got beyond the literal sketch and went with the spirit of it.

I think the single photo is a different process for me than multiple photos. With more than one photo it's about fitting them on the LO and creating a focal point. With just one, the focus becomes how to best showcase it.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I struggle with single photo layouts too. And I really love the look of a lot of the single photo layouts I see posted with a cluster of flowers or bling, and maybe one other paper item sticking out behind the photo - very much like our sketch. But I find that it's very easy for those one photo layouts to go way overboard though, and if I look at a layout and don't immediately see the photo, then I'm not going to like that layout.

The only time I'll do a one photo layout is if that's all I've got to work with, which is rare. I usually have at least 5, and I'm getting better about paring that down to two or three. But it's still tough for me. I want to use lots of photos. 8-)
Julie Fugina
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Marianne that is a wonderful photo and great take on the sketch. I also love how you used the chipboard (I still have tons of it). Using only one photo on a layout is always a challenge when you have tons of photos :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Right now I'm struggling because I have no photos. I love the way you substituted the masks for the doilies - especially since I'm just not a doily person. And lots of points for using the chipboard!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Julie - when I do layouts of my photos, I rarely need a one photo layout. I have used a one photo layout to scrap two vertical photos in place of a single horizontal photo and vise-versa. Sometimes three photos.

I tend to interpret designs too literally - trying to step out of that box a little bit at a time.
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

awesome Marianne!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

[quote="pamcook"I tend to interpret designs too literally - trying to step out of that box a little bit at a time.[/quote]

That's exactly my problem. But we've had this discussion before - interpretation is just not part of my nature. I was never one of those "color outside the lines" kind of kids, and at my age, there's not much point in fighting it. :lol: But I do need to make a point to remember your photo double-up advice. Many of the designs that call for a single photo could easily have that 4x6 photo bumped to 5x7, and then split into two 3.5x5 photos, and the layout would look just as fabulous. Thanks for that!
Julie Fugina
nancine

Post by nancine »

these are some great pages! Good inspiration.
I have my "supplies" to make one of these packed for this weekend.

Tomorrow at 2 pm I'll be down at the Hilton Airport Hotel (15 minutes from my house) for the Diva Crop :lol: My friend Connie and I are going - and turns out Lucy and her sisters will be there too! Should be a nice long weekend of crafty fun - everything included, even meals. So I don't have to go anywhere or think to hard. Just our daily short hike over to Starbucks for a treat!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Sounds like fun - give Lucy a hug from me.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pamcook wrote:Sounds like fun - give Lucy a hug from me.
ditto!
Julie Fugina
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Have fun for sure.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO