Weather again

Debbie J

Re: Weather again

Post by Debbie J »

We got about 6 inches of snow last night. It's really fluffy and my little Cairn Terrier loves to play in it. He came in the house with it all over his face. He's so stinking cute!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

so where is the picture ;)
Debbie J wrote:We got about 6 inches of snow last night. It's really fluffy and my little Cairn Terrier loves to play in it. He came in the house with it all over his face. He's so stinking cute!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

troublesmom wrote:so where is the picture ;)
Debbie J wrote:We got about 6 inches of snow last night. It's really fluffy and my little Cairn Terrier loves to play in it. He came in the house with it all over his face. He's so stinking cute!
Camera is charging!! I went to take a photo of him and the battery was dead. Dang it! I hate that .....lost the moment!!
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Deb: One of my grand- dogs is a Cairn Terrier named Gigi. She's my son's dog. She's very shy and has to get to know you before she'll have anything to do with you. Thyey are beautiful dogs.

Cheryl and Pam: I'm having a lot of the same birds. I also have red belied woodpeckers, house finches and some bluebirds. I don't usually see the bluebirds so it has been a real treat watching them. Yesterday I had two males on the feeders. They were such a bright blue and so pretty.

I also have some very FAT squirrels. The squirrels are having a field day with my pecans.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

have you even see woodpeckers eating on the ground?
We watched on in our front yard last week - thought I was mistaken but Joel confirmed it. Not for long but there he was - must have been a bug-feast right there (rotting tree roots, I think).

Sounds like we could be getting some severe storms on Wednesday. Are you prepared? Joel was surprised at how much work he had to do to get our generator running when he tested it. Probably all the ethanol garbage in the gasoline. (I need to remember to put our emergency kits in the car.) The trees on campus seem to be falling easily and with all the wet weather lately...
Read the ingredients carefully on your emergency food labels. High fructose corn syrup will allow botulism to grow quickly - you must throw out any out-dated food containing it (not that you should be eating it anyway!).

That's my PSA for the week!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Carol - The Blue Birds will come to water, so put a bird bath where you can watch it.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote:Carol - The Blue Birds will come to water, so put a bird bath where you can watch it.
Good idea! The males will sit on my lightpost just outside the kitchen window. I swear they watch me in the house.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

When we were evaluating where to build our house (12 years ago), one of the things that sold us on our current location was a woodpecker. No joke. We were in the display home, standing in the kitchen looking towards the woods that the house backed up to, and there was a woodpecker making all kinds of noise.

We wanted to be convenient to large urban areas (10 minutes or less), but we wanted a neighborhood with a rural feeling. And we definitely got it. We have deer in masses, along with all manner of birds. We've even got large birds like owls and hawks. We're far enough away from the big areas that we can see stars on a clear night (minimum light pollution), and it's quiet enough that you can sit outside after dark and hear the sound of barge traffic going along the river a few miles away.

Anyway... sorry for the hijack. It's 70 here today, so I wouldn't be surprised if we had some confused birds start to become visible. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Our mixed bag of weather nonsense..sorry Julie...didn't quite pan out to be full blown chaos. We did get, snow, sleet, rain, and ice. Today it's all melted. Rather nice out today, and sunny.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

pbp908 wrote:Carol - The Blue Birds will come to water, so put a bird bath where you can watch it.

I do have a bird bath. I keep dumping the frozen water and replacing with fresh. The bluebirds have been feeding on the suet feeders. I just usually don't have them, so it's been fun to watch them. Hope they stay and nest later.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

One trick is to put a light ball in the water. It floats around and is blown by the wind, breaking up any ice as it starts to accumulate. It might save you a few trips outside.

Holy Cow! 78 degrees here on Wednesday with rain and a cold front moving in behind it. That means thunderstorms and conditions for possible tornados. Maybe I'll just stay at work all night.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm concerned about Wednesday since I am going to an afternoon matinee of In the Mood with a friend. I don't mind being out in rain but they are saying bad storms which I don't like.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Warming up here in WI. Overnight thunderstorms. Now we wait for the Wednesday cool down, snow storm, big freeze!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
betty innc

Post by betty innc »

It's so good to see the sunshine this morning. Makes me feel better already. I thought the sun had gone on strike.
Monica

Post by Monica »

It was a warm 29º (that was actually not sarcasm) this morning, with breaks in the solid cloud cover we've had for the past 2+ weeks, so I'm hopeful we'll have sunshine and warmer temps today! I actually was surprised at the low temp when I checked the car thermometer, because it felt warmer when I went out to start it up!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin