working on my cookie/craft party items

Ruth Ann Landry

working on my cookie/craft party items

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I've wanted to make "kissing balls" for the longest time....I bought some largish papier mache balls and so far I've covered them with old German text and Martha's course glitter (which says it's also glow in the dark!). Went to Michael's yesterday and found the prettiest glittery fake mistletoe bush which I will cut up and use as well as lots and lots of red ribbon. It's a slow process as I've been using Mod Podge to decoupage and glitter the balls and have to wait for them to dry completely. I am going to drill both ends and insert tiny O-hooks for attaching the misleton, ribbons, and hangar. they had thin gold threads to hang but I don't trust them to hold up long. If they turn out well, I'll take a photo next week...gave my point and shoot to my son to take to Spain this week and I always use it for posting.
ChristyB

Re: working on my cookie/craft party items

Post by ChristyB »

can't wait to see!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm looking forward to seeing you project also. I love doing things for the Christmas season.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I'd love to see too. I'm not visualizing it properly, I'm sure, but it does sound like a fun project!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I want to see the Spain photos!!! And of course your project too, Ruth Ann
Monica

Post by Monica »

Sounds like a cool project.... looking forward to pictures!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I made kissing balls one year using wooden embroidery hoops, red ribbon and mistletoe. Glued the inside part of the hoop at a 90 degree angle to the other one, wired the mistletoe to the inside of the ball that made, put a red bow on top and hung them by red ribbons. Pretty and simple, but only good for one season. I made DH go out and shoot mistletoe from the trees for me. I'd hate for him to try that now - he'd probably miss and hit an airplane. :-o

Gosh, I'd forgotten about those things until now. Good memory to recall.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com