My BIA came!

Save some $ Find out what works
paddlegal

My BIA came!

Post by paddlegal »

Didn't expect this to arrive until next week. Immediately I took the two panels that I had made last week to start a journal (and discovered that my Rubicoil just wouldn't bite through 1/16" board) and was able to complete it tonight. I used index cards for the inner pages due to a very clever suggestion by another BIAer somewhere (?) and here it is. It was very easy to use since I've watched the YouTube videos multiple times on this. The instruction manual is not the greatest...photo illustrations are just too small. The one thing I did wrong was not measuring the index cards to realize they are the exact same length as the covers, so they protrude just a wee bit past the covers. But since this is my 1st attempt I'm going to use it myself for noting my ideas as they come to me. TFL

(Luanne, note the papers used and the image on the fan shape :D )
Attachments
first BIA journal 12-29-2008 9-44-07 PM.jpg
first BIA journal 12-29-2008 9-44-07 PM.jpg (30.36 KiB) Viewed 688 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Maree

Re: My BIA came!

Post by Maree »

Awww how cool. Great idea too
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

What a cute little book.

Repeat to myself. No, you do not
need a BIA. and keep repeating. LOL

I'm beginning to cave on this, seeing what
everyone is creating.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

She's going to be a book making machine!!!

Great book!!
Nancie
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Love your book Farley!!! Thanks for the tip about the index cards! I can't wait to get mine and see more of your work!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I'm in the same boat as you Elizabeth. It is really hard when you see all these terrific items.

Great job on this Farley and I love your addition of that clip on the side.
EDelValle wrote:What a cute little book.

Repeat to myself. No, you do not
need a BIA. and keep repeating. LOL

I'm beginning to cave on this, seeing what
everyone is creating.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

That is really cute.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

Nice book! I have not talked myself into ordering a BIA yet.
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

I picked one up at Hobby Lobby with a coupon, but haven't used it yet. I'm not sure what its limitations are.
carriemck

Post by carriemck »

Judi in IL wrote:I picked one up at Hobby Lobby with a coupon, but haven't used it yet. I'm not sure what its limitations are.
Hmmm, with a coupon? What do these things run? Anyone mind sharing the approximate cost? Might make me break my vow!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Judi in IL wrote:I picked one up at Hobby Lobby with a coupon, but haven't used it yet. I'm not sure what its limitations are.

Well Judi you better get it out of the box and find out. :lol: I was thrilled with the fact that it would punch through a 1/16". It recommends not punching through over 1/8" or just under that. Acrylic at 1/32", or no acrylic thicker than a CD, very thin aluminum or metal sheets and soft thin wood or MDF of 1/8" or less which really surprised me. I have some cedar wood paper which is much thicker than card stock and I punched two together at the same time for a cover. Pressing the O wires was pretty easy also, but I've done only the one above so far. It will get easier as I get more practiced. I fell asleep last night thinking about all the things I could make. Take a look at this site showing some great possibilities...I particularly like the Pocket Book and the cool embellishments that could be added.

http://www.making-mini-scrapbooks.com/b ... oject.html

I think this has to be my next project.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

did you get the book that came with too Farley?

One of the ideas was to make a book using an old license plate as the front & back (old because of thinner metal used) very cool looking. I know we have some plates around here someplace.
nancine

Post by nancine »

it came out great Farley! They are really great - i love mine!
I used it to bind the digi-calendar I made for my parents, made mini-fllip books and today I'm going to print out some swap records (so I can keep track of everything) and make a swap journal.

I really like the idea of index cards - thanks for sharing!! :clap:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ChristyB wrote:did you get the book that came with too Farley?

One of the ideas was to make a book using an old license plate as the front & back (old because of thinner metal used) very cool looking. I know we have some plates around here someplace.

Christy I do have the "Bound 2 Bind" book too. But I also had a big yellow warning with the kit specifically addressing the license plate book. It states "The more current license plates are made of thin aluminum. These will work with the Bind-It-All, however it is not recommended. The B2B Idea Book does in fact have a license plate book which was submitted by a designer using the machine at their own risk......For older license plates, which are commonly made of steel, we highly recommend not using the BIA . ....steel plates may cause permanent damage not covered under warranty."

So if your plates are old, don't do it with the BIA. Go to a shop with a drill press...something else I wouldn't mind having.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Holly

Post by Holly »

Great job Farley-- and the index cards are a good idea.