Christmas is officially over.....

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
jfugina

Re: Christmas is officially over.....

Post by jfugina »

bethrich wrote:Julie I have one thought for you ... FlyLady!

:D
Um, yeah, thanks. LOL. I looked into FlyLady YEARS ago, and couldn't get past rule #1 (is it still "Clean your sink"?). FlyLady would have required me to dedicate my entire personal time to compensating for my messy family. No thank you. The problem is not me. I lived in an immaculate house for 23 years. It all started going downhill the day Rob moved in. Seriously - so not kidding about that. There have been piles of crap all over the house since that very day.

Oh, Rachelle - I ADORE that idea - clutter jail. LMAO. But sadly, there is no box big enough for the initial round-up. And given that Rob is by far the worst offender, that would simply not go over. The only time he and I have gotten into anything that even comes close to a fight was over some of his clutter that I "put away". And given that I'm a very non-confrontational type, I just backed off. Every so often I have one of these meltdowns, and it causes him to put something away, but then it's over for another few months. I think I'd be more likely to find divorce papers in the bail jar than I would any actual bail money. :-(

Christie - I just spent over an hour attempting to clean up the playroom. And I came out of there with a full trash bag. The kids were in there "helping" me, and they didn't even notice when stuff went into the bag instead of a bin/basket that goes on the shelf. Totally pathetic.

I'm pretty sure that what I'm going to do is schedule a week off in March or April, or some other time when Rob will be at work, and the kids will be in school/day care, and I'm going to make a list of one room to tackle every day. And before everyone gets home, I'll load up the car and make a trip to goodwill.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

hmmm. took my first look at flylady today and i thought the first rule was "dress to the shoes" before starting your routine.......that's where I got lost!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yeah, no idea what "dress to the shoes" means either. Years ago, she said something like - before you do anything else each day, clean your sink.

Maybe things have improved, but years ago when I was looking into FlyLady, it all seemed way too June Cleaver for me. I haven't been back since. LOL.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Ruth Ann Landry

LOL...i know what dress to the shoes means...I just meant that was where she lost ME! Since I've been retired, pj bottoms and my old robe and slippers are dressed for me!
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Ruth what does dress to the shoes mean?
Ruth Ann Landry

get completely dressed including putting on your shoes! as if....! That's where flylady lost me!!!!!!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

You know, I hated shoes for 50 years of my life. But I started listening to FlyLady. And those old rough callused feet are softer than a babies behind now. :lol:

FlyLady has added some stuff aimed at kids, Julie. Just in the past 18-24 months, I think.

For me, shine my sink and the home blessing hour just get blown off. I have a cleaning service and I refuse to shine my sink! Not happening! The things that mean the most are committing to do whatever for 15 minutes and then stopping, not having to deal with a bunch of stuff all in one session. Also the daily missions and "dress to the shoes". DSO gets caught so often in socks when he needs to go outside or answer the door. Not me. Of course that means I got to take the tree out to the garage earlier because I have my shoes on! :D
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I tell you what I have found out. This old body needs to have shoes on or my back hurts really bad. If I have my tennis shoes or slip ons on my back does just fine. Can;t even tolerate slippers too very long.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
lbeier

Post by lbeier »

Well, christmas is over here too - except that I keep finding things that I forgot to put away. We packed up everything and moved it into the attic on Jan. 2. I get really disconbobulated during the holidays because my routine is so off. I'm a "commercial cleaner/organizer" and it seems I watch little or no tv during the holidays so I don't get anything done. We have too many toys after this holiday and not enouch room. I'd love to do a once over in Bobby's room to get rid of things he is too old for, but every time I get in there to do that he ends up playing with what I want to give away! I haven't been in a scrapbooking mood for awhile which is a bummer. My next crop is this Saturday and I so hope that pulls me out of hte winter blahs.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

It was supposed to be over by the first. I had planned on spending NYE and most of NYD putting away the xmas stuff. Instead I was in bed praying for relief from a 102 fever and a hacking cough. I have managed to put away 2 of 7 bins today. Tomorrow I am going to tackle the ornaments and that should get another 2 bins done. I'll let DH do the lights from the tree.
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

I hate shoes - but find if I'm going to be on my feet all day (laminate floors) I need them. I'm lucky if the sink is clean, forget shining it though!

I love Christmas, love the decorations and especially the lights. I've found in the last couple years that I prefer a more simple approach, so I don't have nearly what I used to. I spent this weekend putting everything away. Took the lights off the bushes out front this afternoon. No thanks to dh of course, although he did cook for me all weekend (the moistest turkey I've ever had, turned into turkey and dumplings the next day, and pancakes and bacon for breakfast today). The only things still out are the tree - dh's job - and my cute penguin lamp because I can't bear to put it away and it's Wintery so it can stay. :)
Attachments
DSC00750 [800x600].JPG
DSC00750 [800x600].JPG (65.11 KiB) Viewed 283 times
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Jenn, That lamp is adorable. I'd leave it out, too! :lol:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Ruth Ann Landry wrote:get completely dressed including putting on your shoes! as if....! That's where flylady lost me!!!!!!
what happens if you don't wear shoes in the house? It's against my rules
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

bethrich wrote:Jenn, That lamp is adorable. I'd leave it out, too! :lol:
Thanks! It was originally an absurd price - $60 I think. I waited until it was on clearance at JCPenney for $17.99 and used a $10 off coupon! I love a bargain! They had Santa and a snowman too, but I liked the penguin best.
Malleybean

Post by Malleybean »

ChristyB wrote:
Ruth Ann Landry wrote:get completely dressed including putting on your shoes! as if....! That's where flylady lost me!!!!!!
what happens if you don't wear shoes in the house? It's against my rules
Your feet may hurt, but that's it lol. I think Flylady's idea is that you are dressed and ready to work. Dunno, most of the time I don't wear shoes. Maybe that's why I never get anything done lol? ;)