Post by EDelValle »

Great choice of papers for the tree,
very elegant
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
troublesmom

Re: Christmas Ornaments new photo pg 2

Post by troublesmom »

Love that tree! I thought about doing one but so far haven't given it a try.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

They turned out great!
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

These ornaments are all so pretty, and the tree is a delight!
Kathryn.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Loving this thread. It's making me realize that eventually I'm going to have to break down and purchase a scorer and/or a die cutter.

Any excuse, right? ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam I think the Scorer would be a great gift for you for the holidays. Believe it or not the Martha one has much better score marks (I know lots of you don't like her but hey it really is good)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

I don't like Martha, but I do love EK Success' products and they make the Martha papercrafting lines.... so I do have several bits, especially the paper edge punches. I would consider a Martha scoring board if I didn't already own the large and small Scor-Its.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have both the Scor Pal and Martha's Scoring board and love them. Marthas does every 1/4 inch which is a big help.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I have both the scor-pal and the Martha Stewart scoring boards as well, and I actually can justify having both. The MS board has more marks, like Cheryl said, which can really be helpful. Can't tell you how many times I've scored at the wrong mark because I'm trying to do inch math and move the paper to be at the right 1/8" or 1/4" score mark. The other thing I like (and have actually used quite a bit) is the envelope guide. I purchase 4.25x5.5 sized envies from Office Max because they're cheaper to buy than make. But square envelopes are harder to find and much more expensive. And the MS board makes making square envies a piece of cake.

On the flip side, f I'm doing regular 4.25x5.5 cards (especially a bunch at the same time), I'd prefer the scor-pal, because it has the groove at 4.25 that I need, and I run less risk of scoring 1/8" in the wrong direction.

Pam - get yourself a scoring tool already! Or get two! Totally necessary tool in my opinion.

*end of hijack*

Rachelle!!!!! OK, I love your ornaments, but OMG that tree! Fantastic! I'm actually thinking I want to try that myself. Did you use 12" strips for each tier? Or do the smaller rosettes need to start with shorter strips? I think that tree would make a great ornament also. :clap:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

jfugina wrote: Rachelle!!!!! OK, I love your ornaments, but OMG that tree! Fantastic! I'm actually thinking I want to try that myself. Did you use 12" strips for each tier? Or do the smaller rosettes need to start with shorter strips? I think that tree would make a great ornament also. :clap:
thank you Julie. I just pulled 12x12 strips from my scrap bin and cut them to different widths. I found that I couldn't get a full rosette with more than 2 inches wide (you would need longer than 12inches length). The smaller ones are 12 inches too, they just have a tighter center, but you could make them a little shorter if you didn't have a 12 inch length. I also put a flat bead inbetween each layer to get some space between each tier.
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

Loving everyone's rosettes-especially Rachelle's tree! Must try this as soon as I have time. I have been doing craft shows this fall-the last is tomorrow, so I haven't gotten much of anything else done. I may make a few of these for next year's shows. Such creative women!! So glad to be associated with all of you!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Those rosettes are absolutely gorgeous, Cheryl and Rachelle.

Pam, ask Santa for a scoring tool. I put it off far too long. I scored a MS at AC Moore for 40% or 50% a year or so ago. So it was $12 something. Totally worth it.