inks...upside down, or what?

Save some $ Find out what works
Ruth Ann Landry

inks...upside down, or what?

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

How do you store your inkpads...rightside up or upside down? I am never sure...especially the TH distress ink pads....
pbp908

Re: inks...upside down, or what?

Post by pbp908 »

Dye - down. Pigments - up. Just remember the D for Down. TH I'm not sure about, since it seems to be a dye ink with pigment properties. I think at one point someone posted that it doesn't matter which way with his inks. Chalks don't seem to matter, either. I store my glue, embossing and watermark pads down.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I just emailed Tim to ask him about Distress Inks. I'll post as soon as he replies.

Pam
Pam P.

Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

thanks Pam, and thanks for easy way to remember...I need all the help I can get.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have the Stampin' Up! Dy inks and you don't need to turn them upside down because when you close them they are upside down.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I have always stored all of mine upside down regardless of what ink it is. The only exception is when I reink them I leave them rightside up for awhile. Some of my inkpads are probably 10 years old and they are fine.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
neith

Post by neith »

The reason for storing most dye ink pads upside down is that the ink settles at the bottom of the fabric pad... but Distress Inks are supposed to be oversaturated in their pad (and refilled when drying out) so you store them right side up so as not to have them leak. Pigment inks are more viscous and are on foam pads, so they kinda of float on top of the foam pads and have no need to be upside down... basically anythign with ink already at the top of the pad has the potential to leak.... but anything where all the ink settles down may need the benefit of being flipped upside down :)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

From the Master of Grunge himself:

hi pam-

the whole ink upside down thing is a total myth. you can store all inks right side up.
thanks.

tim

This sort of negates everything we've always heard, but I haven't had any problems with the way I'm storing them so far. So - Distress Inks up!

Pam
Pam P.

scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Thanks for starting this thread. I've always wondered this too. Thanks Pam for getting us an answer from Tim!
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I store mine upside down for the
most part. the lids stay on better.
My Adirondack's when not upside
down have the lids come apart,
they don't really snap on tight enough
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Holly

Post by Holly »

The only ones I've had a problem with the lids not staying on well--are the distress ones.

BTW-- my Antique Linen seemed to dry out very quickly-- so I wetted down with tea, and that helped.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I've purchased ink refresher which
seems to give some new life to pads
that have dried out.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Pam, Thanks for the info from Tim. Neith, thanks for your explanation. My Distress inks are drying out & I dont have reinkers yet. Those and my Stampin Up and CTMH's have always been stored upside down. My Staz On has been right side up. Guess I could put them all right side up now but that would mean re-labeling them. :lol:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've got some distress ink pads that I've had for almost two years and they're still juicy. They're kept right side up and I use them a lot for distressing. Hmmm. Now that I've said that they'll probably dry out on me.

Pam
Pam P.

Maree

Post by Maree »

Thanks for all the info girls