Tonic Cutter

Save some $ Find out what works
Cathy

Tonic Cutter

Post by Cathy »

My large tonic cutter's blade is dull and is not making clean cuts. I thought the tonic cutter was self-sharpening?

What kind of helpful tips can you give me about this?????

Cathy:)
LadyJaine

Re: Tonic Cutter

Post by LadyJaine »

I was told that it wasn't a blade that needed sharpening as well. Is it possible that it is loose or that there is anything stuck to it? I have to tighten my little Tonic regularly. I use a 7/16 hex wrench.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Both good ideas. I've gotten glue dots stuck on my cutting blade, and after cutting a lot of heavy stuff, it did loosen it up some.
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

Make sure your blades are clean and goo-free.
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

When I've had trouble it usually meant my blade was dirty--got glue on it or something. Try taking the blade off and using some goo gone.

Then you'll re-tighten and it should work great!

Good luck
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I also use alcohol blending solution to remove gunk from my tonic scissors...works great and fast! Also are you pulling slightly toward the cutting board as you cut? That seems to make a much crisper cut for me...I haven't had to do it, but I've also heard that running some waxed paper through with cutters and punches will "lubricate" them.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Had some adhesive stuck on the blade that I could not see. Had to put on my glasses to figure it out. The wax paper is a great idea. DH is going to tighten it for me. Thanks for the tips.

I do pull the blade a bit, and it seems the faster that I pull the blade down, the cleaner the cut.

Cathy:)