Saturday afternoon project

pamcook

Saturday afternoon project

Post by pamcook »

So many things I should have been doing but I came across a video by Mercy Tiara and somehow I was inspired. Some cards have dots on both sides and yes, I have unopened packages and some with coordinating colors that for some reason need to stay together for now but boy, did this save a lot of space in my enamel dot basket. Also, with a quick glance, I can see what colors I might need.
39FD234E-43F6-44D6-A05C-A492F6247CB3.jpeg
39FD234E-43F6-44D6-A05C-A492F6247CB3.jpeg (142.69 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Re: Saturday afternoon project

Post by paddlegal »

Impressive! Do I foresee an enamel dot challenge coming? :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

it's exciting to come across things
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Took me a bit to see what you did, combined packages by colour, correct? I have packs that have rows of coordinating colours that match particular paper lines; did you break those all up? God for you for thinning down the box, it wasn't long ago I moved all mine to a bigger container - although I will say I keep enamel dots and puffy stickers together.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I cut cardstock and stuck all the similar colors on each piece of cardstock. I didn’t get rid of any but just getting rid of packaging and consolidating them takes up so much less space. Some packages of coordinated colors didn’t make sense to me any more so I split them up. It’s pretty wonderful to just pull out the one card for a color and being able to choose the best shade for my project (without having to sort and sort).
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I love to do that with all my supplies, I hate all the excessive packaging, drives me nuts! If I only have a couple stickers left on a sheet I cut all the packaging away, Rod used to say my OCD was kicking in.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I watched her video doing that... and I agree... it's a great idea!! It's on my list of things to do, soon! I've got so many little sheets of assorted colors - I'll use them more if they're more organized.

Good grief... can't believe I'm saying I'm going to organize little dots of plastic.. LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nchoney wrote:I watched her video doing that... and I agree... it's a great idea!! It's on my list of things to do, soon! I've got so many little sheets of assorted colors - I'll use them more if they're more organized.

Good grief... can't believe I'm saying I'm going to organize little dots of plastic.. LOL
Seriously well worth the time.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Spent some time last night working through one zipper bag full of packages of dots.... good project for when Chevie wouldn't let me do anything else in the house - she wanted to wait for Daddy to get home...

I have another bag unpackaged and sorted.. need to put them on pages... and then need to go digging for all the rest of the partial packages that are in little boxes or bags, etc. Those things are everywhere! LOL
Attachments
dots2.jpg
dots2.jpg (44.14 KiB) Viewed 506 times
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

That looks like a good storage options for them, Debi. Well done.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I've got two of these little binders way over full of pages of dots & similar stamps. I've got a third binder waiting to join in. Digging through the plastic totes now. A little each night and eventually ill get this stuff sorted!!

Thanks for the extra nudge, Pam!!
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nchoney wrote:I've got two of these little binders way over full of pages of dots & similar stamps. I've got a third binder waiting to join in. Digging through the plastic totes now. A little each night and eventually ill get this stuff sorted!!

When I started the pages yesterday, I pulled my teal and orange cards. It was so easy to find the shades I wanted and then file them right back in the basket. It’s almost time to buy teal enamel dots.

You’re doing great!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow Debi! Terrific way to store them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

nchoney wrote:I've got two of these little binders way over full of pages of dots & similar stamps. I've got a third binder waiting to join in. Digging through the plastic totes now. A little each night and eventually ill get this stuff sorted!!

I like the idea, what size are your binders?
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

The binders are 5x7. The same size that the old Club Scrap stencil binders were.

Mine are waaaayyy over full. So that means I need to put enamel dots on everything for a while. LOL

I actually think the binders are bigger than 5x7 ... maybe more like 5.5 x 8.5 .... those white pieces of paper are 5x7, silly me...
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts