Graduation Announcement

azemigh

Re: Graduation Announcement

Post by azemigh »

This is my original charcoal drawing. As I said earlier it has some insect damage and I was wondering if anyone has experience or advice on how to repair it?
Attachments
CougarCharcoalDrawing_small.jpg
CougarCharcoalDrawing_small.jpg (64.79 KiB) Viewed 158 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I missed this before Rachelle.
WOW!!!
you are one talented lady.

this is all I could find on insect damage on paper
Insect Damage

There are many insects that will attack and can completely destroy artwork, the most common of these insects are silverfish, book lice, wood worms, termites and cockroaches. Insect attacks may go unnoticed until there is extensive damage, or complete infestation. Damage caused by insects will appear as holes in the paper, or stains left by the insects’ excrement. If infestation has occurred, the artwork must be brought to a professional conservator or be treated by a certified exterminator.

Different insects will affect artwork in different ways, the insects listed above will each attack the piece in a unique way. Silverfish will feed on starch, cellulose, animal sizing and bleached wood pulp paper, and they will completely destroy and devour the art. Book lice live in damp areas and feed on mold, starch, organic glues, cloth, silk and leather. Wood worms and termites will both eat through wood and paper, however, wood worms will tunnel through the artwork for up to five years. Finally, cockroaches will cause mainly surface damage to paper, fabric and adhesives that contain sugar.
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

What a beautiful drawing Rachelle! I think it is amazing for you to do this for your son!
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Absolutely beautiful! A gorgeous work of art.

I need to get my son's announcements out also, but mine are easy - I ordered them from Jostens.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You did such a great job on both the drawing and the announcement.
Could you possibly crop the drawing and mount it on canvas?
Pam Cook #48