Cricut Create

Save some $ Find out what works
Cheryl Mixon

Cricut Create

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Does anyone have one yet? Pros and Cons over the other Cricuts?

Thanks,
Cheryl
ErinLovesRats

Re: Cricut Create

Post by ErinLovesRats »

I don't have one, but I know that it's like a small version of the expression machine, which has many more options and buttons than the original. The pro is that it's more portable than the expression due to it's small size. It also wouldn't take up nearly as much space. However, I love my expression. When I got it, I didn't think I'd ever use it for large things. However, now I've made quite a bit with it. The tags, bags, boxes, and more cartridge would work better on the expression along with the Wild Card cartridge. I've also made some vinyl things for the wall, and I make circles, scallops, etc. for backgrounds on scrap pages. It isn't the most portable machine, though. I plan to get the carrying case in hopes that'll help.
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Erin,

Thank you for replying. Michael's has them on sale for $150. They were out last night but I got a raincheck for the same price. Then in last night's email, I got a coupon for 15% off Cricut Create for Monday so I'm hoping I can use that also (since it wasnt my fault that they were out last night)

I hadnt seen them until I saw someone talking about them on other forum and started checking them out. They looked good to me so I thought I'd come here for you ladies advice..

Cheryl
aprilpzzl

Post by aprilpzzl »

Look at the Silhouette by Quikuts. Can print any font that is on your computer. No cartridges to buy. Great support and there are a couple of Yahoo chat groups for the machine. Lots of free files you can download. And, of course, you can buy more cute files from QK. =)
Cheryl Mixon

Post by Cheryl Mixon »

Somehow I knew it wasnt an easy decision....Off to check the Silhouette

thanks April

Cheryl
dehlers43

Post by dehlers43 »

I have an older Wishblade and I love it....another machine that can use any True Type computer font and since I have over 13,000 of those babies, Wishblade was the way to go for me.....
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

Has Wishblade come out with a driver for Vista, Diane? I have a Wishblade, but haven't been able to use it with my new computer because it has Vista.
ErinLovesRats

Post by ErinLovesRats »

There is a program for the cricut that lets you cut any font or image. It's not made by the company, though. Also, the cricut can cut chipboard and there are products that let you make UM stamps with it along with supplies to make embossing folders with it. So, it's more than a die cut machine. I prefer it to the other machines. I like the cartridges. I don't have to use my computer and can cut things in a few seconds. However, the other die cut machines are nice too. Personally, I'd like to have both lol. It just depends what you like.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wouldn't it be great to go to one place with all these machines side by side so you could see demos and compare first hand what each one does. It would make it a lot easier to make a decision...maybe. I've been putting off any of these machines since there are so many and each one does something special the others don't. Plus I really don't know what I want or even if I want one...until I see the cool cards and scrap pages you all make.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ErinLovesRats

Post by ErinLovesRats »

paddlegal wrote:Wouldn't it be great to go to one place with all these machines side by side so you could see demos and compare first hand what each one does. It would make it a lot easier to make a decision...maybe. I've been putting off any of these machines since there are so many and each one does something special the others don't. Plus I really don't know what I want or even if I want one...until I see the cool cards and scrap pages you all make.
Oh, I'd love to see them all side by side! They all seem so good since they do different things. I love my cricut and wouldn't trade it, but I sometimes wish I had one of the other ones too.