My Day 5 tags - embossing heaven!

Are you a Tim Holtz fan? We are!
rinda

My Day 5 tags - embossing heaven!

Post by rinda »

I really gave my embossing supplies a workout with these!

For the key, I started with a Club Scrap (Milestones stamp). I used Adirondack "Cranberry" paint. I used the huge grungeboard key and embossed it with verdigris embossing powder. I edged it with a gold leafing pen. I stamped a club scrap evergreen holly on grungeboard, embossed with green emossing powder, cut out and added stickles for the berries. Added the holly and noel (MM rubons) to the key. Flicked gold metallic mixative. I painted a Maya Road chipboard swirl gold and added gold stickles to a wood number and grungeboard hinges (to substitute for the snow flakes). Used German Scrap (art chix, I think) and gold photo corners on the bottom. It is sooo much fun to give my supplies a work out!

For Day #23, I painted with Adirondack Eggplant paint and embossed a club scrap (musical interlude) stamp with a sparkly embossing powder. Used Liquid Platinum embossing powder on gruneboard numbers and painted (dauber silverr) onto the little grungeboard swirls. Somehow, I missed the cool idea of stamping on the primas for Day 4, so I did that on these primas. The holly leaves are cut from a Club Scrap evergreen stamped, embossed with candy green embossing poweder. Flicked silver metallic mixative and edged the tag with a silver leafing pen. I love how I'm gaining confidence each day to reuse techniques (the flower gathering is basically an improved version of my flower gathering from yesterday, for example).

Thanks for looking,
Rinda
Attachments
2008tag5-key.jpg
2008tag5-key.jpg (73.15 KiB) Viewed 454 times
2008tag5-23.jpg
2008tag5-23.jpg (123.23 KiB) Viewed 453 times
pbp908

Re: My Day 5 tags - embossing heaven!

Post by pbp908 »

Beautiful!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
yocasta

Post by yocasta »

Absolutly lovely!
Luly

Post by Luly »

Very nice....texture looks fantastic.
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Those are really beautiful!!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

This is my all time favorite TH tag technique that he has made. Rinda you did a splendid job with your version. Luv that key. I thought it was clever of you to use the Milestone wm stamp in the background. It's just beautiful!

I had a little time to play this morning. Waiting for the paint to dry so I can emboss. I have to leave the house by 9:30 and won't be back until late tonight. It is going to drive me crazy having to wait until tonight before finishing that tag!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Rinda! I am loving that cranberry tag. Your colors are so rich and symbolic of the holidays. Very, very beautiful.

The second tag is fabulous and I thought originally that you had done it in black and white, but I realize that the eggplant color is not showing up right on my monitor. All your elements are so great and well put together.

Wow, and TFS
FARLEY in Sacramento
rinda

Post by rinda »

paddlegal wrote:The second tag is fabulous and I thought originally that you had done it in black and white, but I realize that the eggplant color is not showing up right on my monitor.
I think all the sparklies confused my scanner a bit! These really do look even better IRL.

Rinda
Monica

Post by Monica »

Such great tags, Rinda! You're doing a wonderful job with these. :creating:

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

these are fantastic!!!!
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

love these tags, so rich looking. TFS
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Awesome! I love, love, love the key idea. How cool!
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

Gorgeous! TFS :)
Judi in IL

Post by Judi in IL »

You're going to have the best looking advent calendar in town!! These are terrific!!! TFS!
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

Again sorry for the crosspost. Here is my tag for day #5. This is my all time favorite thus far. Ok . . . time to go clean up that mess on my desk. Gosh . . . I can't believe the mess I made just to create two tags. :)

TFL!
Attachments
TH day 5.JPG
TH day 5.JPG (32.38 KiB) Viewed 281 times