Milestones cards

paddlegal

Milestones cards

Post by paddlegal »

I really do love this kit, green color and all :lol: Just got the kit yesterday and the first thing I always like to do is make a few cards from POPs and get used to the colors. These are really simple cards using the 5x7 POP as a small, skinny tall card. The ivory paper in the kit is my favorite. It is textured like water color paper and is perfect for tearing. I haven't even dipped into the big stuff yet.
Attachments
POP Milestones cards.jpg
POP Milestones cards.jpg (14.74 KiB) Viewed 304 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Re: Milestones cards

Post by Monica »

Those are gorgeous, Farley! I have mine all spread out sitting on the desk, waiting for the TIOAO to dry so I can cut the UMs and play.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Farley - that is a fantastic idea - to get used to the colors of the kit by playing with the POPs. I'll have to try that.
I just got my kit yesterday. I liked it more than I thought I would.
Great cards! Thanks for sharing,
Cathy:)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thanks you two. Have fun with your kits soon.

Have you ever tried the cling cushion mount backing for your UMs? It makes the images stamp just as good as a WM does with the foam layer. It comes in sheets that is sticky on one side for mounting the whole UM sheet on and cling on the other. You can then cut each stamp out and it's all set. Then it just 'clings' to an acrylic handle. Stores on a plastic sheet that you keep in a binder. No drying to wait for. I get my supplies at http://www.blockheadstamps.com/cushion.html Their service is the best.
FARLEY in Sacramento
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Beautiful cards Farley! POPS are perfect for cardmaking. I cant wait to see this kit in person & decide if it works for me or not. :lol: I have a few stamps on the cling you mentioned. They came that way. I unmounted my stamps, cut apart my unmounteds and use Tack n Peel.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Farley, the cards look great and the
colors do compliment each other very
nicely. Thanks for sharing, especially your
method of getting to know the kit.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Farley - I like your cards - I haven't even touched my kit yet - but you are inspiring me to get going!
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Looks great!! Have to wait til the 20th for mine... ugh...
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Paula

Post by Paula »

Great cards, Farley. I love the color combinations. I haven't played with mine yet, but now I have the shove to get going :clap: :clap:

Paula