Surprise Ball swap-check your inbox, names have been sent

Luanne

Surprise Ball swap-check your inbox, names have been sent

Post by Luanne »

I saw this yesterday, and can't get it out of my mind. I want to host a surprise ball swap. http://gomakesomething.com/ht/gifts/surprise-balls/ I'm going to steal Lisa's list of questions and ask that you cut and paste them into a PM for me. There are a few additional rules. I'm going to ask that the items you place into the ball are things you would use yourself. This is not a swap to get rid of cheap stuff. Please be proud of what you include.
I hate to say that, because it sounds so rude, but I have participated in some exchanges (not here) and received crap, when I have sent really good stuff, so please...send good stuff! You don't have to buy new, and are free to pilfer your own stash, but please make it nice so the recipient can oooh and ahhh....and we can all be jealous!

Once you meet the criteria, I will select 20 names randomly to participate.
1. Balls will be mailed the week of February 6th....no late ones!
2. Balls should be 6" at their widest part.
3. Balls must be sent first class or Priority, so they all arrive around the same day.
4. You might not like this, but if I've had problems with late deadlines I may not approve you for this swap. It's really not fair to make anyone wait, or have someone send an 'angel ball' after the fact. That just hurts people's feelings.
4. You must have participated in at least one of my other swaps. If you are new to the board, please pm me with a link to your blog or flicker account, and I will decide on a case by case basis.
5. Balls should contain items the recipient would like to use. (You will receive their responses to the questions I post)
6. Balls must also contain a finished ATC, ephemera, fibers and other cool stuff...no junk.
7. International players cannot play this one, because customs might unravel the ball, and ruin it. If however 2 people from the same country want to swap balls, pm me and I'll hook you up.

Clear as mud?

Please leave a post here that you are interested, and pm me the answers to the following questions:

1. What is your full name and mailing address?
2. What’s your favorite color?
3. What’s the style of the clothing you wear when there’s no dress code?
4. Who are your three favorite altered artists, and why?
5. What kind of little stuff would you like to use in your artwork that you don’t already have?
6. What exotic place would you like to visit?
7. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
8. What Club Scrap kit (if you've been a member) was your favorite?
ChristyB

Re: Surprise Ball swap-sign ups open!

Post by ChristyB »

:greenbounce: ME :greenbounce:
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Wow!!! What a cool idea!!! I'd love to play. :greenbounce: (if I am lucky enough to make the cut. :mrgreen: )
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

I'm in!
Becky

Post by Becky »

Such an awesome idea! I'm new to the board, so I won't participate in the swap (maybe we'll do it again next year? :D ) - but I will make several as Christmas gifts this year! I think it will be awesome for art supplies for my girls and niece. It will be a great way to prolong the opening part of gift giving and will give the girls a thrill.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I'll do it.....(if accepted, of course!)
nancine

Post by nancine »

I'll do it if I pass the test...
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

you are so silly! it's not a test. It's a way of gathering information so the sender knows what to give you.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

nancine wrote:I'll do it if I pass the test...

the only test

can you copy & paste correctly :D
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

The hardest part for me is the essay question about my favorite Altered Artists.... :problem:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

That's to give an idea of what you like to do...so trinkets can be appropriate, and I can be nosey!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

This looks like entirely too much fun! Count me in.

(I need to make a run to the post office to send swaps. I managed to avoid the post office for all my out of Christmas presents but need to go for swaps...)
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

gwendols wrote:The hardest part for me is the essay question about my favorite Altered Artists.... :problem:

It would be interesting to see who we put down :D
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

so far a lot of Tim Holtz, Lisa Vollrath, Hetty and you too missy!
donnak

Post by donnak »

I sent my answers and used Luanne as one of my fave artists since she challenges us to do things out of the box in more ways than one! ;) (Like the little wooden pieces for example).