PAO Doll.....

Ruth Ann Landry

PAO Doll.....

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I want to make sure I have this right....the doll is supposed to represent US, right? I have all my components and am ready to begin assembly, and I thought that it was supposed to be a doll that represents me. Please set me straight before I begin putting her together........
tichwoli

Re: PAO Doll.....

Post by tichwoli »

OK - I also have assembled all my pieces but I think that my idea may not meet the criteria exactly. Any more details on this swap would be awesome. And I wrote down that this was due by end March. Is that the case or am I behind the 8 ball again?
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

If you are talking about the Doll Swap that Rachelle is organizing, it is to be completed by Feb 28 and mailed out on March 2 when the mailing list is made available.

Here's the link:

http://www.paperartistsonline.com/forum ... ?f=18&t=99
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

And they are supposed to represent the maker. How do you make a confused, over-loaded, over-stressed, want to retire doll??? I'm still trying to come up with some ideas.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I'm a little worried as to how I'm going to be looked at after this doll is made! I'm not sure how to portray a crafty kayaker. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

:greenbounce: Mine is done :greenbounce:

she's hanging out in my gallery unless you want to be surprised
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm checking out your gallery because I have your first one and she's constant inspiration!

EDIT: Christy! Love her!

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I snuck a peek, and WOW! That idea is absolutely fascinating! I adore her.

But now can I just stumble off topic for a second and say "holy cow!!!" There are nearly 600 pieces of art in that gallery. We are some seriously crafty women. Go PAOists.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

I peeked too! Awesome doll Christy! I hope mine turns out half as well as yours.
cathy:)
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Some Answers to your questions:

Yes, the dolls should be finished and ready to mail by March 2. I will post the list on February 28. That should give us enough time to pm for addresses.

Please don't stress over the "me" theme! The doll is supposed to represent you as a PAOist. However, if you're stuck, try getting away from a representational doll and go with the media you love to work with. She could represent all the material you love to work with or collect. If you love to do a variety of crafts you could have a little piece that represents each thing. For example: I like to quilt, scrapbook, make cards, make jewelry, collage. I could have some paper, fabric, beads, ephemera, etc. that make up my doll. And believe me, the doll I have started "looks" nothing like me, but she does represent the things that make me tick.

Remember: Have FUN, don't stress!

And I just went and peeked at Christy's. AWESOME!!! I think I'll start a thread to post our dolls in so everyone can see. Then, anyone who is stuck might get some inspiration. In order to keep it a surprise I could pm everyone with their recipient and address at the end of the month, then you wouldn't know which one was coming to you even if you had already seen it.

Let me know what you guys would like to do, so I can start collecting addresses if I need to.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Rachelle-- that is a great idea. We can share our doll on line-- and not know which one is coming to us. So it will still be a surprise. :happywave:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Rachelle great idea!
sometimes we just need a little visual stimulation to get the creative juices flowing