"Tin Can" Shrine

carriemck

"Tin Can" Shrine

Post by carriemck »

Hello!

I made this for a swap hosted on the CS board. The swap called for using a can like a tuna can, but I did not have any, and they said you could use any tin you had on hand. I appropriated this little square tin my husband's new badge came in (the department changed badge styles recently). I used Asian Artisan pearl blue paper for the back, some scraps I had for the snowman (also pearlescent) and the trees, fiber from my stash for the scarf, a cotton ball and a lot of glitter: embossing powder, Stickles and some new glittery stuff that is actually ground glass (big & chunky!). The stamps are CS and a cool set I got at the stamp & scrap expo here--6 different little snowflakes and stars, which I am also using on Christmas cards.

The recipient lives in Florida, so I wanted to bring a bit of northern winter to her warm home :-) I call it "Winter Wonderland". Once the snow starts to fall here in WI, I can't get enough snowflake stuff--for about the first 30 days, LOL.
wintershrine.jpg
wintershrine.jpg (86.84 KiB) Viewed 533 times
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: "Tin Can" Shrine

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Carrie that is beautiful....I still haven't gotten to PO with yours...want a spoiler?
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Really cute!!!
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Carrie, that's really great!
Luly

Post by Luly »

aw, thats adorable.
carriemck

Post by carriemck »

Thanks for the great feedback!

No, thanks, RuthAnn, no spoilers for me :-) I like surprises in the mail!! I have been very cautious about looking at the forums on this swap :angel:
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

wonderful tin Carrie! Wasn't this a fun swap! Can hardly wait till another one gets started. :creating:
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

can't wait to get mine!
yocasta

Post by yocasta »

So cute! :happywave:
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Oh how cute. I love the snowman - and the trees with the little "jewels" are great!!
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Carrie,
Love you snowman and his
little outdoor hideway.
TFS
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn