wii game recommendations 9-10 yr girls and 11-12 yr boys?

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
neith

wii game recommendations 9-10 yr girls and 11-12 yr boys?

Post by neith »

Ok, so I'm looking for stuff and toysrus has a big sale going on that includes buy 1 get 1 half off on games under $20 and have a lot on clearance... so i'm trying to figure out what to get!

Do you have any games that your kids love? We aren't sports oriented so the ones that come with the system will be more than enough for us!

Things the kids already love are online games like Webkinz, BuildaBearVille, and Club Penguin... Jay hooked them a little on Warcraft but I want to cut those ties! They also love things like littlest pet shop, games that involve caring for animals or fashion design... and then you know we do all the geeky things that involve nature, science, museums, scouts, etc and love anything about ancient or world cultures... and my son's a bionicles addict!

So, anything your kids love or your friends' kids love?
ErinW-N

Re: wii game recommendations 9-10 yr girls and 11-12 yr boys?

Post by ErinW-N »

my 14 yo boy loves Zelda, it is rated T for teen. We all play the sports games, bowling, golf, boxing, and kids have Carnival games, tons of different games on that one.
neith

Post by neith »

Which one comes with Carnival Games, or is that the game title? (sorry getting used to the idea of a bunch of games in a single purchase here and just learned that our old gamecube controllers can be used on wii! we had a hand me down game cube that broke down completely and the games and components are all still somewhere in storage... so good to know that even with just the console package we'll still have things we can play on it without any other expense to start us off!)
ErinW-N

Post by ErinW-N »

yep, thats the name of the game. It is called Carnival Games and has a bunch of games on one disc.
Monica

Post by Monica »

I foud a lotof good games by browsing through the Wii site. If they like mysteries and problem solving, there was a Nancy Drew game just released for the Wii. My 10 year old niece found a pets horses one that she loves as well.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
neith

Post by neith »

after seeing how high toysrus's console was going for and i think i can no longer use our amazon certificate there, decided to skip them for the console, so i'll wait on games or look in the stores, probably rent before buy... unless you all recommend some titles that are at a great sale price... the carnival games disc sounds very good for my girls and hopefully we can try it at blockbuster :)
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing! So much to do!

Harvest Moon: plant crops in different seasons and earn money from selling them to buy animals for your farm. Sell the eggs/milk/wool/silk and upgrade your farm. Go fishing and learn how to cook your fish. Buy kitchen appliances and learn new recipes. Pay attention to the weather. Make friends with the townspeople. Court a girl/boy (depending on whether you choose to play as a boy/girl), get married, and have children. Go to festivals and compete in horse races, cooking contests, and play mini-games for prizes. Go mining and process the ores you find into gems and jewelry to give to your girl/boyfriend. Rejuvenate the island by releasing the harvest sprites, making rainbows, and bringing the Harvest Goddess back so the Tree of Life can resprout and make the island happy again. When more townspeople arrive, you can buy outfits from the new tailor...

I haven't played Animal Crossing on Wii yet, but it's been fun on every system we've gotten it for so far...
neith

Post by neith »

i think we may actually have harvest moon for gamecube :) the title sung to me since there's a korean harvest moon festival :)
atta76

Post by atta76 »

My kids really like Cooking Mama. You cut vegetables, spin pizza, different things to prepare food and it's fun. My son is also a Bionicle lover and loves to play Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii.
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

We all love Guitar Hero and MArio Karts.

Jenni
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.