Marianne's March Madness (Challenge)!

pamcook

Marianne's March Madness (Challenge)!

Post by pamcook »

Okay, she didn't ask me to call it March Madness but when you live in NC, you automatically think "March Madness" whenever you hear the word "March".

Here are the guidelines -
Tool of the month - Stencils
Consumable - Eyelets
Technique - turn your ordinary paint into texture paint and use it on your layout

Now as usual, you must use all 3 on your layout in order for it to get you entered into the drawing at the end of the month (the 31st).

I can hear some of you now - "what does she mean with the paint???" She means, mix in texture medium, microbeads, glitter, sand, shells...get it now? Easy peasy.

Marianne says to tell everyone hello - things are going very well with her mother and yes, they are expecting 12 inches of snow! She won't have access to a computer this week but she's holding up so far.

Have fun and I can hardly wait to see what you all come up with this month!
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Re: Marianne's March Madness (Challenge)!

Post by troublesmom »

I really hope to have time to try this one. Sounds fun.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

sounds messy :)

LOL
Right up Christy's alley
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

EDelValle wrote:sounds messy :)

LOL
Right up Christy's alley
:lol:
I was thinking that I can't wait to try this
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I was thinking that I need to be able to see the top of my desk to try this one...
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

pamcook wrote:I was thinking that I need to be able to see the top of my desk to try this one...
pshaw--I pulled out my ironing board to make Maya's costume. And it has become my new workspace as I really don't feel like cleaning my 2 desks...now what to pull out when that becomes covered :oops:
Holly

Post by Holly »

ChristyB wrote:
pamcook wrote:I was thinking that I need to be able to see the top of my desk to try this one...
pshaw--I pulled out my ironing board to make Maya's costume. And it has become my new workspace as I really don't feel like cleaning my 2 desks...now what to pull out when that becomes covered :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Work over the trash can, like I do!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:bump:

none yet? :-o
Pam Cook #48
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

I have one done - just waiting for time to post.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Hi All,
I survived a week without a computer before I was loaned one tonight by my honorary sister. I would have had it Monday night but that snow storm got in the way. We only got about 6" but all the neighborhood drifts seemed to end up on our driveway.

Thanks, Pam for posting the challenge for me. I enjoyed talking to you Sunday. I must admit it took me years to figure out what March Madness referred to. Sorry, don't beat me up too much :tomato:

Hope everyone gets plenty messy with the paint and we see lots of creative additions to your layouts.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Here you go

I used glass micro beads mixed in with the gold paint so it is like the desert sand irl.
then I stenciled the top & bottom of the green paper with my bead/paint mixture (stencil from Egyptian kit by Club Scrap)
eyelets to hold the 8.5x11 paper on and on the second page the eyelets go down one side of Maya's fact card so you can pull it up and read the facts.

(background--the 3rd grade was a wax museum-they lined the halls dressed as historical figures and we walked around pushing "buttons" to hear their facts)

anyway
tfl
Attachments
cleo1.jpg
cleo1.jpg (67.79 KiB) Viewed 679 times
cleo2.jpg
cleo2.jpg (71.39 KiB) Viewed 681 times
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Christy, That's a fantastic LO! What a perfect use of the kit! You did a great job on both costume and LO. :clap:
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful job on that LO Christy. Looks like she had a wonderful time being "Cleo"
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Holly

Post by Holly »

Christy--cool LO and again what fun for the family, kids and adults had to have had a fun time.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Great layout, Christie! I love the concept of the historical figures and the "push this button" for facts. Very cool!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin