Will wonders never cease...

Holly

Will wonders never cease...

Post by Holly »

I have not been a CS fan for sometime now. The whole downgrading the kit while upgrading the price thing, coupled with the way we were treated at the changing of the site time. I try to refrain from commenting on any of their stuff.

But now you are about to see me eat it!

I just looked at the new summer camp kit, and I love it. the colors, designs are so pretty. I will probably be getting both digi (at 6.95--a good price) as well as the paper.
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Will wonders never cease...

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Well, Holly....to err is human, to forgive is divine!! LOL.....I guess just another lesson in "never say never", huh? That's how I felt about the memoirs kit...just absolutely fell in love with the whole thing.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Since I quit they've had several kits that I really liked. But I figure that I have enough paper to last my lifetime, so I will not buy more paper. I will not buy more paper. I will not buy more paper.

But stamps!? That's a whole other thing.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

:clap: :lol: :clap: :lol: :tomato:
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

oh hell!

I actually went to their site today. Is there only one retreat this year??
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Luanne wrote:oh hell!

yep
djenns

Post by djenns »

Only one retreat, but they are doing a Retreat in a Box. They also did a Cruise in a Box for those that couldn't attend the Cruise.
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

In 2008, I felt their stamp line went into the toilet...but geez, their paper...in 2009 their stamps have been a home run hit every single month....and Ruth Ann...I'm with you, I bought all of the Memoir kits! LOL.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I need to quit getting paper kits because of space. I just can't do it.
I love the kits. I love the weight of the paper.
I know the price went up but so did everything else in the world.
They were hit with the inflation too. They changed the kits several
times since I been a member. I love stamps but never used them so I'm
glad I no longer get them unless I want too.
I guess they can't please everyone.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I agree that the digi kit is priced pretty decently, relative to their other kits. Considering I have every single digi kit that they've ever offered though, it mostly looks very similar to stuff I already have. I think the paper kit is lots prettier looking, but like many others, I need more paper like I need a hole in the head. LOL.

I'm at a bit of a crossroads with CS now. I'm finding that I like the digi freebies that I'm finding, and I'm really loving the kits that I subscribe to, except for CS. It's the most expensive one I get, and the least used by a long stretch. I think I either need to cut back (maybe Jr + QDDL?) or just quit entirely. But I have such a hard time giving it up entirely. It's still an addiction. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

In the past year I went from all 4 kits, to 3, to 2, to 1 to starting this month--None. I still love them, but have too many things in boxes that I haven't touched. And money is tight. Someone will always sell their stamps on ebay if I come up with money in the future, right?
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Jen - I've taken quite a liking to seconds, myself. I acquired most of my UM collection from seconds, and seconds on SALE (even better).

I'm right there with you on the untouched boxes. I have three of them sitting there now. And then there's the many months worth of stuff that did make it's way out of the box, but just went straight into the paper bin with little more than a cursory glance. I really need to just quit altogether, and just buy the stuff I love when it comes up.

I still have till Friday to convince myself that I really *don't* need the paper edition of the new summer camp collection. :roll: Maybe a look at those untouched boxes will help convince me...
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
djenns

Post by djenns »

When I had to drop out of CS in Jan 08 I said I wasn't going to buy anything except tools, etc. Once I got back into wanting to make things again and got back into the forums for CS and PAO I ended up wanting more stuff.........I rejoined CS for JR kit and am looking forward to my first delivery tomorrow.....I did order the summer camp kit and can hardly wait. I do find that it does make me want to make more so hopefully I'll get these past kits made up. Guess I'm an addict like the rest of you..... :cool5: :cool5:
Diana
flojo

Post by flojo »

And I'm going to miss you at retreat this year Luanne. :(
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

flojo wrote:

And I'm going to miss you at retreat this year Luanne. :(
Me too!!! DH is actually coming with me this year. He wants to check out the EAA museum and will be doing stuff on his own during the retreat. On the way back though, we are going to drive through Chicago so I can spend my 40th birthday there. I am hoping to see Luanne while I am there since I missed her twice in the past month when she was in my area. :embarassed:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO