Wonderfully Whimsical Photo Treatment with Gesso

neith

Wonderfully Whimsical Photo Treatment with Gesso

Post by neith »

I just added a new blog post with a technique for adding gesso to a photo and them stamping and painting over it! Needed something wild and funky to go with my daughter's painted face! Please check it out for a step by step guide and the finished wild layout! http://neithj.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Luly

Re: Wonderfully Whimsical Photo Treatment with Gesso

Post by Luly »

What a great idea! I cant wait to try it out!
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

That is so cool! I need to find out what the Japanese word for gesso is. lol I'm sure they sell it at the home inprovement store. I just have no idea what to look for. :lol:
neith

Post by neith »

hehe thanks... i think it's usually in the fine arts departments... that's where i always used to find it! you use it to prime canvases for painting on, etc... but you can also prime a photo with it :) this one branched out of the Bernie Berlin atc techniques where she uses it on magazine images... so i figured, why not a photo and had head shots of my daughter with a near black background that needed "something"
lbeier

Post by lbeier »

That pictures makes me grin! :D Fun layout!
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

neith wrote:hehe thanks... i think it's usually in the fine arts departments... that's where i always used to find it! you use it to prime canvases for painting on, etc... but you can also prime a photo with it :) this one branched out of the Bernie Berlin atc techniques where she uses it on magazine images... so i figured, why not a photo and had head shots of my daughter with a near black background that needed "something"
I found some gesso! Thanks for the tip.