2009 UTEE paper bead class & swap

Luanne

2009 UTEE paper bead class & swap

Post by Luanne »

UTEE= Ultra Thick embossing powder

I haven't set a date yet, or directions, but I'm making some and they are just sooooooooooooo much fun! Especially in a group of people! So, I wanted to give you all a heads up to save those little pieces of paper and string and microbeads and what-not in an envelope until after the Holidays.

I'm hoping to set up a tutorial to go with the new chat room, then we can all set aside a Saturday night and play!

You will need:
scraps of everything
your melting pot (or borrow one)
Ultra Thick Embossing powder
skewer or pokey tool
craft mat

Grab your favorite beverage and invite a few friends over. It's crafting fondue!
julierealtor

Re: 2009 UTEE paper bead class & swap

Post by julierealtor »

totally up for this...I use my melting pot and UTEE very little...
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Me too! I bought all the stuff at one of the CS retreats after watching Robin Beam work her magic with the melting pot. I tried a thing or two afterwards and other than that it all sits in a box.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Kelli Perkins sat me down one day and changed my paper bead life forever!

http://ephemeralalchemy.blogspot.com/
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

guess I am finally buying a melting pot :roll:
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I'll be there! Just tell me when and where. Oh, and a little heads up so I have the appropriate wine! :drunk:
dehlers43

Post by dehlers43 »

Now this sounds like something I could really get into! I have the melting pot, I have the UTE, I have tons and tons of scraps, bits, baubles and whatnot.....when can we start playing?????
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

melting pot is on my Christmas list...
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I go through phases with mine, using it constantly, then packing it away for months. You can use it for UTEE, beeswax, friendly plastic (that is not at all friendly!!!) I especially use mine for beads. also, you can make little molds out of mold putty and pour melted UTEE into it, then let it cool and pop out a pendant!

Note: it is essesntial you have a craft mat with one, or you'll burn up your countertop!

We'll start playing in January. I wanted to post now, so you can use your 40% off coupons to get a pot one week, than the UTEE the next! lol, always enabling yet trying to save you money! If you have a crafting buddy nearby, consider sharing the cost and take turns letting it live at your houses! It's not a necessity (Especially in this economy) but it is a fun thing to play with, once you know how to.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Luanne wrote:

If you have a crafting buddy nearby, consider sharing the cost and take turns letting it live at your houses! .
anyone want to come live near me? :anyone:
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

there is a killer waxed box in TH Distressibles 2 book .....that's when I def put the melting pot on my list
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

ohhh I think I want to join, that sounds like fun!!!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Here are Kelli's paper bead earrings, and yes, you too will make awesome stuff like this after class!

http://bp0.blogger.com/_CGYJgaBQ6EE/R_1 ... ygroup.jpg
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

I love my melting pot and UTEE. I have done all sorts of fun chunky things. And only burned myself a couple of times--that's good for me!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Guess I need to get a melting pot on my Christmas list. Sounds like fun!

Oh, by the way, you look GREAT in green Luanne!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO