Journal Practice for Aussie Trip

mpizzazz

Journal Practice for Aussie Trip

Post by mpizzazz »

A few months ago I got out the pack of colossal paper I bought from CS, folded the sheets in half and then cut them in half to form signatures 10 x 8". I want to practice collage on them on the trip so I don't go nuts from paper art withdrawal for 6 1/2 weeks.
I have gathered up mostly sheer or tissue papers, Aussie pictures from travel guides, and a few tools to put in a bag. Yesterday I priced gell medium, gesso and glaze at Aussie art stores so I am packing small jars of them to take, too. I'll let you know if they survive the trip. Notice I'm not taking any inks or paints, that might be too dangerous in with my clothes.
This was a photo of a pelican and a little story about the statue they erected in Kiama for the pelican that died fron ingesting plastic bags. What I am trying to achieve is to blend the photo into the page or in some cases to deconstruct the photo so it looks like part of the page. Transfers would probably be best but I'm not sure I want to get into that mess. Anyway, I welcome any suggestions for what to take along as well as comments or suggestions on what I have done or should do. I'll start it off by saying, I regret putting the bluish glaze over it. It has muddied the white and pinkish stuff.

Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0631.JPG (78.33 KiB) Viewed 234 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Journal Practice for Aussie Trip

Post by pamcook »

Craft supplies as significantly cheaper in the US, aren't they?
I happen to like the blue.
Looking forward to seeing what suggestions you get.
Pam Cook #48
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

okay...what is wrong with this...looks gorgeous to me
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

julierealtor wrote:okay...what is wrong with this...looks gorgeous to me
Thanks, Julie! Most of the time we say "looks better in real life", in this case, I think it looks better on the screen!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

what about taking either watercolor crayons or pencils with you. You'd have your color but not put your clothes at risk.
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

You can always have some of my supplies when you get here! I don't seem to be using them... LOL
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

ChristyB wrote:what about taking either watercolor crayons or pencils with you. You'd have your color but not put your clothes at risk.
Good idea, Christy! I have the water soluble oil pastels so I can use them wet or dry. Thanks! They have been added to the pile.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I took my watercolor crayons long and really enjoyed playing with them. DGD loved the magic that happens when you get them wet.
Great suggestion.
Pam Cook #48